Polariser rings are a threaded aluminium ring that will fit onto Formatt-Hitech aluminium holders and are used to affix circular polariser to the front of your filter holder.
To reduce the risk of vignette, please bear in mind that your Formatt-Hitech filter holder is modular enabling you to add or remove filter slots according to need. So for example the traditional set up of a standard ND, a graduated ND and polariser only requires two filter slots in the holder plus the polarising ring. Simply unscrew the four retaining bolts, remove one filter slot from each side and affix the polarising ring in their place. Longer screws are provided with the polarising ring.
Why Choose a Holder System?
A holder system allows you to purchase one set of filters to fit all of your lenses. An inexpensive adapter ring is then used to fit the different thread diameters of your individual lenses. The holder system is quickly and easily removed allowing you to quickly compose your image, then gently install the holder before taking the photograph without the fear of altering the framing or focus. Holders allow filter stacking, plus rotation of horizon and vertical adjustment of graduated filters. Polarizers work with holder systems using an optional adapter ring.
- Formatt-Hitech polarizer rings are designed to work with the full range of aluminum holder systems
- Polarizer rings are made from durable nylon
- When attaching a polarizer ring to holder system longer brass screws are required (supplied with holder) especially when stacking filters
- 67mm holder requires 77mm polarizer ring
- 85mm holder requires 95mm polarizer ring
- 100mm holder requires 105mm polarizer ring
- 100mm Lucroit holder requires a different polarizer ring. See Here