FORMATT-HITECH FEATURED ARTIST | LEICA AMBASSADOR | ABIPP EP
A musician by training and a self-taught photographer, I am a Leica Ambassador, Leica Akademie Italy instructor and Formatt-Hitech Featured Artist, as well as Qualified Associate of the British Institute of Professional Photography (ABIPP) and European Photographer (EP).
After a two-decades long career as a solo artist in classical music, since 2010 I moved from interpreting a musical score to interpreting the world’s most spectacular landscapes through my camera: combining my lifelong passion for photography with my love for nature and the wilderness. I decided to dedicate myself exclusively to Fine Art Landscape photography.
With 25 years of teaching on my back, I firmly believe that Workshops are the best way to share my enthusiasm for photography and for the Earth’s beauty with like-minded people. My favourite destinations are Iceland, Scotland, Spain, England, the American Southwest, Turkey and, of course, Italy where I settled in 2014 after living 15 years abroad.
My work has been published and exhibited internationally and is part of various private collections. When I am not around the world photographing, teaching Workshops, lecturing or adjudicating competitions, I work on my photographs, prepare my Fine Art prints and write reviews and articles about photography.
In the gear bag
- Firecrest Ultra Ken Kaminesky Signature Edition Master Kit
- Firecrest Ultra Grad ND 1.2 Stop
- Firecrest Ultra Grad ND 1.5 Stop
- Firecrest ND 13 Stop
- Camera: Leica SL x 2
- Lenses: Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH, Leica Apo-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4, Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D.
- Tripod: ReallyRightStuff TVC-33
- Head: Arca-Swiss P0 Classic
- Bag: MindShift Backlight 26L