Join Formatt-Hitech Featured Artist Matt Hart and Paul Sanders for a three day photographic exploration of this beautiful city. Situated in North Eastern Italy, Venice is a city that is built across 117 small islands separated by canals and linked by bridges. The city is renowned for its stunning architecture and is a World Heritage site. Venice was a major maritime power between the 13th and 17th centuries and was a major economic centre for silk, grain and spice. Venice was pivotal to the Renaissance Period of Art and was the birthplace of Antonio Vivaldi.
All of this history presents itself as a visual feast for photographers who can choose to shoot Classical Landscape, Abstract Architecture and Street. We will visit the Rialto Market just after the fishermen land their catch to capture the bustle of the restaurants securing the finest fish for their customers. The colours of the myriad of fruit and vegetables on display is in itself a wonderful subject. The quieter back streets offer the chance to slow down and capture the peace of a backwater canal, a lone Gondolier or just the light passing over the incredible buildings. We can also visit the island of Murano to watch as glass is blown to make the most incredible decorative objects. With so much on offer, three days will fly by and leave you wanting more from this captivating city.
In early March the city is quieter with many tourists staying away due to the misty weather. However, the soft winter light coupled with the early mist and fog offer photographers a unique opportunity to capture the romantic essence of the city landscape. Paul and Matt will lead you to some of their favourite locations and help you get the most out of the light and camera equipment.
The days will be broken up in to sections typically, a dawn shoot focusing on Landscape, breakfast back at the hotel or local cafe followed by a Street Walk featuring local markets, a break in the afternoon before heading back out again to capture the magic of dusk over the Grand Canal.
The cost covers tuition and guidance but excludes hotel, flights, all meals and beverages.
The Workshop is limited to 12 places and costs £499.99.
The hotel we recommend for your stay is Una Hotel but any hotel in the same area is fine depending on your taste and budget. Please secure your hotel and flights in good time to secure the best prices. This hotel is around £500 for 4 days.
Flights are approx £60 each way with Easyjet.
The workshop starts on the 2nd March so we recommend that you book your hotel the day before the workshop starts. The workshop ends on the 4th March at 18.00. You can get a late flight back on the 4th or enjoy an extra day or few days in Venice.
More information will be sent out by email closer to the time.
Terms and conditions.
- We are unable to give a full refund in the event of non-attendance without notice, regardless of the circumstances. We will try to find you another place on a similar course or you can nominate a friend to take your place.
- In the event of sufficient notice being given (two months) we will refund 75% of your payment, the remainder will cover the administration costs of refilling the place.
- We also reserve the right to cancel any of the workshops if there is insufficient demand. We will confirm the workshop is running two months before the actual date so please don’t leave it too late in booking your place. In the event we cancel the workshop a full refund will be given.
- Tickets are not transferable without first contacting us.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, transferred, or resold for commercial gain.
- No food, beverages, accommodation or transport is provided unless stated.
- Please note Travel and Equipment Insurance is not included. Please provide your own if required as Fujiholics cannot accept any liability for loss, damage or injury to you, your vehicle or equipment.
- We do not tolerate racial, sexual, religious or abusive behavior whether it be verbal or physical from any clients, either towards our staff or other attendees. Should you take part in any behavior which is deemed unsuitable you will be removed from the workshop without a refund. In extreme cases legal action will be taken.
- Please make us aware of any medical issues that may affect your ability to take part.
- Fujiholics does not guarantee the weather, temperature or photographic perfection on any workshops - they are all subject to occasional adverse weather. We aim to teach techniques and skills that can be take away and practiced.
- Each participant takes part in the workshop at their own risk. We will give a safety briefing at the start of each session but it is up to the participant to decide whether they are confident enough or physically able to take part in each session. If you have any questions, please contact us directly.
Disclaimer: Formatt-Hitech are not responsible for this event nor take any payment for promoting them either directly or indirectly (e.g commission from ticket sales.)
Any complaints about the event should be raised with the event host.